Sunday, July 2, 2006

SO MUCH TO WRITE, AND SO LITTLE TIME...
That's how I feel right now! Trevor and I are on our way to the movies to see Superman (whoohooo!), so I only have a few minutes to write. But the news over the past weeks has been a lot, I feel. Trevor's been swamped with work and has gone to Atlanta twice since we last checked in, but he doesn't have to go again until August 7th, which is really nice. But the most exciting news for him is that he just got a BUTTON MAKER! He's been making 1" buttons all over town and shows no sign of slowing down. So far he's made me a couple of roller derby buttons and a Steve Zissou button, and made the entire Team Zissou collection for our friend John! I was pretty jealous because the collection included two Jacques Couteau buttons in addition to the whole gang. Though, just thinking about it now, his set did not include Cody, the three legged dog. I'll have to talk to him about that.

And I have some pretty giant and exciting news: I'll be soon giving my boss two weeks notice and in August I'll be teaching full time! I've picked up five classes (pretty full load, I know) and three different community colleges (East-West University downtown, McHenry County College, and College of Lake County [where I did a teaching internship three years ago...seems like a lifetime!]). So my last day at the theater will be August 4th, I'll take some time off to get myself organized and nail down my syllabi, and then I get into the classroom! All the courses I've taken on are English composition courses, pretty basic stuff and there should be a lot of the same elements in all, which is nice. I'm just excited and terribly nervous! But, mostly excited.

And Trevor and I are planning our vacation to Portland, OR, and Washington State to see the Lake Quintault Rainforest and Seattle!
But more on that later....it's movie time!

No comments: