Monday, March 26, 2007

SPRING BREAK 2007--PARTY ON!

Or, finish grading East-West final portfolios, turn in the quarter's grades, go to the library to get a new library card and a new book, ate lunch at the South Loop Club and drank a beer at 12:30 on a Monday afternoon, finished the book I started, started new book, went home, took Henry to the park, almost got busted by the mean old lady who calls the cops on unleashed dogs in the park, got a friendly warning from the policeman about the "woman who hates all pets," finished my new book, regreted that I'd only gotten one new book until remembering the books I still haven't read yet from Mr. Madel, greeted Trevor back from Monroe, WI where he checked out some new products from Swiss Colony (candle warmers, collapsable scarecrows, breakfast nooks, ornamental squirrels for your yard trees, and much, MUCH more!), and he described the home of the Freeport Pretzels (coolest high school ever, ever, ever), and am now currently debating what we'll have for dinner while watching CBS sitcoms.

It was a long day, and though it's my first official day of Spring Break since 2003 (and that was graduate school Spring Break, so it doesn't really count since I was still working 35 hours a week...), the craziest I'll be getting will be celebrating my friend Emily's dissertation defense on Thursday night (a bit of tapas and a bit more karoke). Whoooo!

More to come this week, as I take breaks from grading papers!

No comments: