Thursday, April 24, 2008

I stole from a police officer this morning...


...or I accidentally took her peppermint soy mocha latte instead of my normal latte. It was 6 a.m. and I was blurry-eyed and there were multiple coffee cups on the counter. I plead innocence, ignorance, and the fifth degree! Thank goodness there are no video cameras in Starbucks. It was quite the surprise when I took a big long slug from it and got a gulp of minty weirdness. Ugh.

Although Trevor had to work last Saturday night, I met Carrie and Alan, Carrie's sister Ali, and Emily out for burritos at the newly renovated El Cid and then karaoke at Sidekicks. We had a wonderful time, and I even got up to sing Fleming and John's "Ugly Girl," which no one knew but everyone seemed to enjoy.







Sunday was brunch with Kate and Meg at Flying Saucer. Kate expressed her continued love for her pup, Gil, and we laughed at her nerdiness and secretly loved Gil, too. We'll go up to visit her in Madison soon.





I'm going to meet Trevor at the gallery tonight and then we're going to the Art Chicago opening, and tomorrow I've got to go to the eye doctor and then I have to steep myself in paper grading for the last two weeks of school (yahoo!). I've got classes lined up for the summer, but I'll have a few weeks break between the end of this semester before I start again, and I can't wait to lounge for a bit and recoup.

Well, I'm out, so until later, True Believers, it's the POWERS!

No comments: