Saturday, August 9, 2008

Henry Goes to College

He didn't take a class, or anything, but he's the first family member (and probably the last) to see my new office at MCC. I went to school to turn in my final grades for the summer session, and I started the office "nesting" process: general dusting, putting books on my new bookshelves, moving my desk, chair, and computer. Because of Henry's bandaged tail and stapled stomach, we can't leave him alone just yet, so he made the road trip with me and then helped me in my office (as long as "helping" translates to drinking some water, spilling some water on the floor, and staring out of the office window into the hall to smile at passers-by). He got to meet my new mentor, Robert, and the three lovely secretary ladies, Linnea, Cheryl, and Missy. They all loved him, and he loved them, too, showing his affection through his trademark leaping licks. I can't wait to go back next week to continue organizing books and files. Even though I've only just finished with class, I'm super jazzed to get back to Fall semester now that I'll have a permanent place to work. I've already been looking at office supplies on-line, and Monday I'm going to take a trip to The Container Store and Office Depot to stock up on totally, absolutely, quantifiably necessary office supplies. Paper-clips, here I come!

In the meantime, feast your eyes on my handsome summer students (this first picture is of my last College of Lake County class, who [don't tell anyone] were my favorite class of all time, in any school, ever, although it's missing one of my super-favorite students, Will, so picture a tough looking football player in here somewhere.)


These are my two MCC classes--the big one is a Comp 2 class (my oral history exploration, such a fun class), and the little one is a Comp 1 class)



Next week I'll have a picture of my office, so you can all picture me grading papers and planning lessons. Really, it's such an exciting life I lead!

No comments: