Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Door

Trevor, Henry, and I went to Door County last weekend to visit Grandma and Grandpa Madel and Jim in Sturgeon Bay. We drove up Friday morning and were only able to stay until Sunday night, which wasn't nearly enough time. But while we were there, I got to go to my very first fish boil (fish, potatoes, and onions boiling in a ten-foot-high bonfire--awesome). Saturday morning, Trevor, Jim, and I had breakfast



and then headed to the Harvest Festival in downtown Sturgeon Bay, where they had a vintage car show. I haven't seen so many gorgeous cars in one place in my life, and I realized how much I love the Mustang Cobra. Here are a few of the beauties we saw:





Then Trevor and I took a road within a road trip and drove up through Bailey's Harbor, Sister Bay, where we saw goats on a roof


(awesome!)

and then Ellison Bay, where we found a great big bookstore and Trevor found a book club first edition of Player Piano.



We capped the night off at Cafe Launch for tapas style dinner with Grandma, Grandpa, and Jim. The food was great, the place was charming, and we had quite a nice time. We spent the next afternoon with G & G Madel; we ate lunch, had some lovely conversation, and watched a video with them. Henry, back at Jim's house, was having a blast running around in the woods with Vader.



For more pictures of our weekend, check out Trevor's Flickr photo page. More will come soon on this weekend's festivities (which are much fewer). Until then, Power On!

No comments: