Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lights Out

Trevor and I took part in Earth Hour last night at 8:30 p.m. CST by turning out all of the lights and not using our electronic appliances. We spent the hour playing a game of Rummikub (thanks Kate G., for introducing it to us last summer!) by candlelight. Trevor beat me, but I challenged him tonight and won, so I think we're even. 




I start class again tomorrow, and I am, as usual, underprepared. I've done a bunch of work over the break, but it's never enough and I always spend more time doing things around the house (today it was laundry, cooking dinner, and playing Rummikub) than I spend doing my lesson plans and prep. But I guess that's what the train ride in tomorrow is for, right?

And I'm sure you all noticed the SNOW today! We looked out the window this morning to what looked like a couple of inches, and it continued to snow for the remainder of the morning and a bit of the afternoon. Luckily it all seems to have melted--or have been washed away by the slushy rain--by now, so I might not have to break out my snow boots tomorrow. We'll have to see. 

Well, before I turn in for the night, I should get a bit more work done, so have a cozy night, all.

No comments: