Friday, June 24, 2011

Bunco, Baby

I'm in a bunco league with some gal pals and this month was my turn to host. I decided to use the party room at Mom and Dad Bork's building rather than jam twelve people into our small place, and it worked out perfectly.

The ladies, getting their roll on
And, because I'm currently a lady of leisure, I spent two days preparing: menu planning, grocery shopping, getting liquor. I had too much fun at the party store and got some foam dice and a money bag (because bunco's no fun unless the stakes are high...)

This is what $3.75 gets you at Doolins
I made us some party food--layered bean dip, spinach dip, pasta salad, cucumber finger sandwiches (because we're ladies, after all)--and I enlisted Destiny's help to bake an awesome bunco cake. She rocked it out and the girls were thrilled with the delicious results.




Liz was the big winner of the night:


And I still have leftover cake in the fridge, so really, I'm a big winner, too.

Trevor and I are looking forward to a sporty weekend, with the Sox game tonight with Neill and Fran and the Fire game with our friend Jayson on Sunday. The weather's supposed to be clear for both, but I might pack emergency ponchos just in case. Wish us dry stadium seats and fun!

1 comment:

Jeanette Nyberg said...

Your link refers to Bunco as "a wholesome means of social interaction". I don't think you were supposed to include gambling and booze at your group. And CAKE! Heathen.