Saturday, May 3, 2008

Henry and Pepper: Love at First Sniff

Henry met my brother Greg's new dog, Pepper last weekend while I was dog-sitting for Greg and Paula. The Chihuahua puppy was a bit wary of our 70-pound flying noodle, but after she sniffed him a bit, she let him chase her around the house at full speed (there was a lot of slipping around on Greg and Paula's lovely hardwood floors). Poor scared Peanut and Tequila stayed upstairs until Henry and I were out of the house.




My semester at MCC ended this week with our last class. I have papers to grade, though not too many, and had a wonderful time with these thirty or so smiling faces:




My Intro to College Writing class cajoled me into the photo, which was snapped by the interpreter, Mary, who's been signing all semester for my two deaf students. Next week I'll finish with my College of Lake County students, who've been equally lovely.

This morning, Trevor and I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to catch the Manchester United v. West Ham United game live on t.v. Our Red Devils kicked some West Ham butt and I then cooked us up a proper English breakfast. Deeeelicous.




Trevor just sped off to work on his bike, hopefully getting to the gallery before the rain starts to fall. I've got errands to run this morning (the bank, the drug store...), but it's dark enough outside for me to have a lamp on in the living room, and I'm eyeing my stack of rented X-Files Season Two dvds, wondering if this type of gloomy day might be better suited for a Mulder and Scully abduction and monster marathon than for errands. And I think I just made up my mind.

Trust no one, true believers. And keep your eyes on the skies for anything suspicious.

No comments: