Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today's Pros and Cons

Pro
Getting to meet the eighteen new faculty my co-chair and I will be leading through their first year. They all seem lovely (especially my new officemate, Lisa), even though the fact that I will be leading them through anything gives me a case of the willies.
Con
Waking up at 4:30 a.m. to be on campus by 7 to meet the new faculty for their day-long orientation.

Pro
Kicking fashion ass in my awesome three inch purple leather wooden-heeled wedges.
Con
Foot, toe, ankle, leg, and, for some queer reason, shoulder pain after nine hours of standing in my three inch purple leather wooden-heeled wedges.

Pro
Listening to two solid hours of my latest audiobook, The Girl Who Played With Fire, which is turning out to be quite good.
Con
A solid two hour commute home in a torrential downpour and the resulting stop-and-stop traffic on the Kennedy.

Pro
Trevor's gorgeous suggestion to order takeout from Butterfly and then watch the Man United game that he taped at our house (we're staying the week at Greg & Paula's, house/dog-sitting while they're away).
Con
Getting chicken instead of tofu in my order of Pad Thai With Tofu. I have never eaten a Pad Thai with chicken. Ever. It was a little weird.

Pro
Watching the game with Trevor while picking out the chicken in a still-decent dish of Pad Thai and drinking a cold beer from a frosty mug.
Con
Watching Man United play one of the most embarassing games I have ever seen. The 1-0 loss to Burnley, who's just come back from a 30 year relegation stint (yes. thirty. years), was just plain awful.

Pro
Curling up in bed with Trevor and the gaggle of dogs--one ours, three borrowed--for sleep as soon as I finish posting this.
Con
...nothing. That will be the best darn thing I've done all day.

No comments: