Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We saw the baay-beeeeee!

So, as I might have mentioned already, Trevor and I have seven friends and/or relatives who got pregnant around the same time last year (Sheena, Simona, Ann, Caren, Cat, and Jeanette [Angi Power came a little later, but I'm counting her, too]), and every time--every time--in the past nine months that I've thought of seeing "the baby" (any of the babies), I've thought of the Seinfeld episode where the gang goes to the Hamptons to "see the bayyyyybeeeee." It's also a great episode because of the shrinkage and lobster poaching that goes on. But in case you've forgotten the phrase (or have been living under a rock for the past two decades and didn't catch this particular episode), here it is (at least the first nine minutes--shrinkage doesn't occur until part 2).

Now, this says nothing at all about the babies we're expecting, because we know how fantastic looking (not to mention charismatic, brilliant, well mannered, fantastically coiffed...) our friends and family are. And just to prove this, here are some photos of the very first baby out of the seven: Michael Jameson Bux, my cousin Michael and his wife Sheena's darling little potato! He's only eighteen days old, so don't mind his tininess.


(Here's Auntie Carol [a.k.a. New Grandma Bux] with the little guy. I took this picture with my phone. The next four shots were taken by Erica and look much, much, much better. Look on.)


(Jameson)

(Erica and Jameson)

(Carly and Jameson)

(Me and Jameson)

He's pretty smushily fantastic. I really can't wait until Sheena and Mike need a night out so I can come over and smother him with smooches. Like I'm about to do in the picture above. I look like a stalking smoocheralla.

Now that I have aunt fever (although technically he's, like, my second cousin? I think?) I am quite looking forward to the next six babies. Simona is next (she's also two days past her due date. C'mon Maya, let's goooooooo already!) and hopefully she'll be ready soon. And then I think it goes Ann, Caren, Cat, Jeanette, Angi. Or something like that. Pictures of all babies will follow in abundance once they arrive.

Also, my friend Angie sent me this picture from the fabric and folk art fair we went to a few weeks ago, and although I already wrote about it, I had to show you all how I fared against that old lady with this gigantic knitting needles:



Hopefully I'll have all student stories graded and grades turned in to the records department (one lady named Noreen) by tomorrow afternoon. Then it's back home for Bunco! I'll let you know if I win. Or if I get the boobie prize. Or if I do neither and just have fun, which always happens, so I'll let you know something for sure.

Good Night!

2 comments:

daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daniel said...

actually, ann's due on sept. 9th, cat's due on the 4th...but you never know, babies are rarely punctual...