Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break 2013!

I'm on Spring Break this week, and so far the days have been pretty relaxing--just me, Roo, and our streaming Netflix account.

So far, I've done a lot of not a lot, and that not a lot has consisted of the following:

Knitting a sweater for Roo:

I will most likely finish it just in time for summer

Taking Roo on some walks:

Roo is a good addition to our colorful neighborhood (yes, that's a mermaid next to that tree)

Watching some fun junk on the t.v., including:
  • The Evil Dead (they've remade it and the new version comes out next week)
  • V/H/S (an interesting concept, but not very successful)
  • The Switch (good only because there's the mention of a three-legged dog, but that doesn't come until the end of the movie, so just fast forward through it)
  • The Wave (pretty creepy and interesting)
  • And four episodes of Revenge (which I am quickly falling into a trash-t.v.-romance with)
And thinking about finishing the vanitas painting I started during our English/Art Appreciation learning community. Here it is:

It's unfinished. But, I also have very little talent.
It's my first painting, and it was really fun to work on, so I'm definitely going to finish it before my break is over. I do not guarantee that it will be better than it currently is, but it will, at least, be different. So that's something.

Roo and I also went to visit Trevor at work this afternoon after I'd gotten home from a work trip to check out the professional development department at Moraine Valley Community College (it was a lot of fun and it made me feel productive after all of that t.v. watching). T's work buddies liked Roo a lot, and she loved being the center of attention:

Checking out the cubicile scene

Touching base with T.

Giving some kisses

Tomorrow I'm meeting some of the girls for a ladies' lunch (a very luxurious thing to do), doing some errand running, and cleaning up the house before Saturday, when Angelica (my Open Books mentee) and her friend Chantal are coming over for dinner (I will cook), baking (Angelica will bake), and homework (Angelica will do, and I will help). I'm sure that more pictures of that will follow, so until then,

SPRING BREAK 2013! WHOOOOO!

No comments: