Sunday, July 9, 2006

VACATION, VACATION!

Well, as Trevor and Henry sleep beside me, I wanted to write a quick blurb about our vacation tomorrow!

It's a much needed one, let me tell you, especially after this weekend. Some close friends of ours (my old roommate, Jenn, and her brand spanking new husband, Jeremy) had their wedding this evening, which I was honored to take a part in. I read a passage from Plato's Symposium (which Trevor helped me pick out)--the Aristphenese speech about human nature and love. The ceremony was just perfect: personal and lovely, and they both looked gorgeous. They had Chicago-style everything, including pizza and beef sandwiches for dinner, Goose Island beer to drink, and a Hancock Building-shaped cake with blinking antennae! It was so much fun, and I got Trevor on the dance floor for one dance, which was a thrill. The best man, Bryon, gave the most touching speech I've heard, and the couple danced like pros to their first official two-step. The whole thing was great, but after the work week, the rehearsal, and the wedding--and all of the working we've been doing since our last vacation in July of '05!--we're more than ready for a little r&r.

So, we're off to Portland, OR to stay with our friends Brenda and Derek (though this will be the first time Trevor meets Derek, which I'm so excited about!), the Lake Quinault Rainforest in Quinault, WA, and Seattle (to visit the new library, among other things [a crumpet shop and a bar whose owner we just met, and a Thai restaurant we got a tip was spectacular....so much!]).

Until we get back, have a wonderful week, and we'll be sure to send you all postcards!

Bork POWER

No comments: