Friday, February 13, 2009

School makes the news again...

...and this time, it's not because of me! One of our Political Science teachers gave a lecture last night, and apparently it caused a bit of a ruckus as school. Here's the article. He's a pretty cool cucumber and it sounds like he took it all in stride, though I wish I'd been there to see it myself. 

A couple weeks ago, one of my students asked if I'd be the faculty advisor for a new club he wanted to start: The Science Fiction Club. That's right. The Science Fiction Club. It's a club for Sci-Fi fanatics to get together and talk about robots, aliens, space travel, time travel...Doesn't it sound like heaven? Yes it does! We only had three people at the first meeting on Tuesday, but I think the word didn't get out and around school enough; I'm going to spruce up the flyer and plaster it over every inch of campus next week, and I have a feeling we'll attract more nerds. I mean geeks. I mean super cool people just like me. I can't wait until we cover the X-Files!

Russ and Desiree's new bar, Simone's, opened this week, and Trevor, Simona, and I went to the soft opening on Tuesday night. We ran into Greg and Paula, and Audrey, who I hadn't seen since the wedding. We had a great time and ate some really tasty food (portabello fries and a slice of tres leches cake were the highlights for me--not on the same plate of course). Wednesday night was Bunco night with the girls, and I lost $20, but had a great time with everyone. It was the most friend-packed week I've had in a while, though next week, I'm having another dinner with the gals, and the Rib Supper Club at Fat Willie's on Friday, so I'll have to rest up this weekend.

For Valentine's Day, we're getting a new washer and dryer--it's getting delivered tomorrow, and I'm already mentally sorting the laundry. I am also hoping that Trevor will get me some candy. (Trevor, hint hint) So Happy Valentine's Day, all, and we'll have more to come soon.

No comments: