Saturday, May 22, 2010

Robots in Disguise!

Trevor says that I look like Harry Potter in these glasses. I say, would Harry Potter wear rhinestones? Probably not. But Trevor does have a point...

I infiltrated Man Day this Monday since I'm home for a few weeks between Spring and Summer semesters. Trevor and I went out to lunch, went to the optometrist, and then to See to get some new eyeglasses. We had a lot of fun just trying them all on. Trevor settled on some nice new black frames that he should get next week, and I spotted some cool green frames that I'll come back for in a few weeks.

And that's been one of the most exciting things that I have done this week! I've been kind of a home-body, only leaving the house for Henry walks, grocery shopping excursions, a haircut, a volunteer gig at 826Chicago on Thursday, and...well, that's it. I have also done the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, washed the windows, made ratatouille and root-beer floats (for me and Trevor and our friend, T's co-worker, Juli, who came over for dinner yesterday after work and before they went to a gallery opening), watched three episodes of Columbo (the highlight of my week was discovering that Netflix has all seven Columbo and all nine X-Files seasons on "Watch it Now"), finished a book, started another book, re-potted my shamrock plant, and taken two naps.

And today looks like another adrenaline-pumping litany of high-energy activities. I started out giving some high school students feedback on essays for their AP class, and now I am blogging. I haven't left the couch in two hours except to fill up my coffee cup. It's been pretty nice, though I'll eventually have to stop blogging and take a shower. I think that ironing clothes and watching another couple of Columbo episodes is also in my future. It's a dreary day so I think that Henry will only get two walks instead of the four he got yesterday when it was beautiful and sunny.

So I guess that's my cue. "That" meaning the "Rock Doctors" segment on Sound Opinions that is intervening on a man who only listens to the jam-band, Phish. It's a good time to shower up rather than be transported back in time to my UW years, circa 1994. Have a lovely Saturday afternoon!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You do look a bit like Harry Potter!!