Sunday, July 25, 2010

I've been neglecting my posting, so here are just some highlight pictures from what Trevor, Henry, and I have been up to this summer.

1. We went to our friend Meagan's wedding in Milwaukee, and it was a wonderfully fun time.


That same weekend, our friend Adam was in from Alaska and we got to see him for a couple of days.


2. Trevor and I had tuck-pointing done in the loft, which only took a couple of days, but caused a chain reaction of tarping, cleaning, and reorganizing our many, many books. We didn't get the house back in order until a couple weeks later, but it's so much nicer now!

The work coincided with the World Cup, so we had an excuse to do a lot of hanging out with Sean, Angi, and Sadie (who is a huge soccer fan).



We hosted our own World Cup Final party for the family. I made pulled pork bbq for the first time in my life, and it turned out deliciously! Sean, Angi, and Sadie, along with Neill and Fran, my dad, and Dan, Simona, and Maya were all over to watch the match together. It wasn't a terribly exciting game (Spain v. Netherlands), but Spain won in the end (yahoo!) and we had good food and better company.
And, most importantly, the babies had a good time with Henry.



3. I met a blob monster and he tried to eat me.

And Henry tried to eat him.

4. My mom and I threw a baby shower for Paula, and it was a huge success, and a whole lot of fun.


And, that's pretty much that! I've been keeping busy with summer school, which is almost over, actually, and I'm still marveling at how quickly the summer has gone by. Trevor's been keeping busy at the gallery, and took some great pictures of the newest show.



Mom Bork and I are going to another baby shower for Paula this afternoon, but we only have to be guests, and eat and chat, which is nice. Trevor and I are going to Lake Geneva for a wedding in two weeks, but otherwise we don't have any summer trips planned. And that's actually okay by me. I won't mind sitting on the roof in the sun reading for a few days. Doing nothing is sometimes the best sort of vacation.

No comments: