Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm On Vacation

I started my summer vacation at the strike of 3 p.m. on Friday, May 13, and it was at the last stroke of 3 p.m. that I promptly switched bodies with a student of mine who failed my class. We then had a hilarious three weeks of body-swapping fun during which I played the drums in her all-girl punk band and learned to love life as a teenager again, and she payed bills, did laundry, and cooked dinners and learned how to be a responsible adult who didn't fail English composition classes.

And that's what I've been up to. I also managed to hang out with Bo a little bit. This is what he's up to these days:



I've also made a list of things I'd like to do over the summer.

  1. Get a new battery for my watch
  2. Finish my Fall syllabus on time (July 1)
  3. Go to the beach
  4. Take Henry on numerous adventures, like The Search for a Strawberry Milkshake and The Dog Who Walked to the Coffee Shop (and other snack-related quests)
  5. Clean the closet
  6. Get a haircut (this is actually happening today, so I'll be able to check this off the list)
  7. Take Bosco to the zoo
  8. Continue Movie Mondays with Trevor (so far we've seen Bridesmaids [disgustingly charming], Everything Must Go [difficult to watch but rewarding], Midnight in Paris [whimsical and witty], and X-Men First Class [loud, violent, and fun as hell])
  9. See the movies that Trevor refuses to see with me (Fast Five, Troll Hunter (I might convince him to see this one; it's foreign horror, which is a little classier), the awesome new body-switching movie The Change-Up, and Shark Night [which looks like the most fun ever but it doesn't come out until September])
  10. Write some stories and stuff
  11. Catch up to my Goodreads goal of reading 75 books this year (I'm currently 14 books behind my schedule)
We'll see how far I get.

1 comment:

Jeanette Nyberg said...

Okay. First off, don't even pretend to believe you'll remember to get a new battery watch. It never happens. I am excited to hear about your zany 3 weeks as a teenager; way to go!