Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Flaming Lips

Trevor and I went to see The Flaming Lips at the Aragon Ballroom on Friday night, and it was a spectacular show--an event, even. It was a cross between the circus and a stadium rock extravaganza, and I think I smiled through every minute. Here's a little video I took of their encore song, "Do You Realize?" so you can see all of the strobe-light-confetti-spectacular with your own eyes (for the show itself, they played the entire Soft Bulletin album and then did Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" for their first encore. All of it rocked.):

(warning: the sound on this little video snippet only lasts for the first ten or so seconds, but it's awful [because it was so loud that my skin throbbed (in a good way)], so turn your volume all the way down)

No comments: