Saturday, January 12, 2013

Taking Inventory

The other day in a fit of organization, I cleaned out my bag shelf (a very large shelf where I keep all of my handbags, purses, totes, and satchels) and got rid of a few things.

During the process of figuring out which bags I'd be keeping and which I'd be donating to Goodwill, I emptied them of all of the bits and bobs that get left behind when one switches bags for the day/night/weekend/season. Here is what I found:

Ephemera
  • One spray can of 45 SPF sunblock
  • Eight assorted lipsticks, glosses, and liners
  • Two bobby pins
  • One round-bottomed safety pin
  • One "book worm" lapel pin
  • Eleven writing instruments (two pencils [one mechanical] and nine pens of various colors)
  • One key fob
  • One bone-shaped paper-clip
  • One mini Tootsie Pop
  • One apple flavored Jolly Rancher
  • Two peppermint Lifesavers
  • Two sticks of (stale) Big Red
  • One stick of (even staler) Black Jack
  • One pack of Extra spearmint containing three sticks of gum
  • Three Band-Aids
  • One ten-ride Metra pass (all ten rides punched)
  • One ticket stub to Star Trek (May 2009)
  • One ticket stub to a Barcelona/Chivas soccer game (August 2008)
  • Two dollar bills
  • Three cards from art galleries (all with various artists' names written on the backs in shaky ball point as though I'd used my thigh as a writing surface [and I probably had])
  • One hand-crocheted change purse (made by Linda Prieto) and decorated with two buttons (made by Trevor Power), one of which is a pen & ink portrait of Stephen King (whose book 11-22-63 I'm currently reading and loving)
  • One postcard for Mefisto Theatre Company's 2003 production of "The Boys Next Door," starring a pre-Veep Timothy C. Simons
  • One box of matches from Fado's Irish pub on Grand Avenue
  • One button, origin unknown
And more more thing:

There's something different about me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

  • One red clown nose
I have no recollection of where I got this. But I'm very excited about it and will almost certainly be using it come Halloween, 2013. Or maybe even for the first day of the semester on Monday. In fact, yes. I'll absolutely wear it on Monday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just laughed out loud at the red nose. And love the haircut borkster!

Unknown said...

That's me, Stacy btw!

Bork Power said...

Thanks, Stace! I was confused at first, but kind of love your alias. Hope all is well! xox