Monday, July 8, 2013

We Now Live In a House

It's official: we moved to Crystal Lake, IL and are living in a little house with pot-bellied stoves, green shutters, and lots and lots of country bugs. We are not used to so many bugs. There are, like, eighteen million bugs in our backyard. I really don't think I'm exaggerating.

But other than that, we're settling in very well and happy to be here. I'll post something lengthier very soon, but for now, please check out some pictures!

The first picture of us on the front porch of our new house!
The reason I haven't updated the blog in two weeks: unpacking

Roo, relaxing near the back door

Roo, relaxing at the top of the stairs (she was zero help unpacking)
Our first meal in the new house

My amazing new kitchen towels, courtesy of amazing realtor Caren
Roo in the backyard, refusing to come back inside (she is no longer even a city dog at heart)
T. relaxing before assembling the rest of the furniture that goes with that couch (Roo = also zero help assembling furniture)

The mailing label on our very first package!
The delicious bread that was in that package, courtesy of our mortgage broker, Jen
There are only five remaining boxes, and those are filled with boots and shoes that I won't need until fall (and I know what you're thinking, so my answer is that boots and shoes take up a lot of room in boxes and stop judging me, and I know I have a shoe problem, and now leave me alone).

Well, I mean, truth-by-told, there is a room full of book boxes, but I'm not counting those. Without bookshelves, they're still box-bound; but cross your fingers that we'll have that remedied within a couple of months.

So, we're officially country folk! We're mosquito swatting, lawn mowing (although my generous father-in-law took care of that this week so I didn't have to...) home owners. I'll be posting a lot more as the house starts to come more together, and I'll be sure to have a post or two about our trip later this week to Door County for our annual Power Family vacation. Until then...

...see ya.

No comments: