Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Camel's Butt Redux

I love checking out the analytics for our blog. Some (who? who?!) might say, in fact, that I get obsessive about checking to see where our page views are coming from. My recent "Audience" page shows that we got seventeen views from Turkey. Yes, TURKEY! Hello, Turkey! See? It's fascinating!

I also like looking at the "Traffic Sources" data, which tells me what other sites, searches, or posts our views are coming from. Most of our views come through Facebook, because I promote our posts through my FB page. I also use Twitter, but I've only got about a hundred Twitter followers, so that doesn't usually generate much traffic. About two views, actually. Maybe three. It's sad.

But what is this all leading up to, you ask? Well, let me tell you. I just now checked our Traffic Sources and noticed that someone had found our site through their AOL search. Yes. someone still uses AOL's search engine. Hello, reader, whoever you are. You are fantastic.

Why is this reader fantastic? Well, because this is what they searched for:

"Camel's butt"

Just use AOL to search for "Camel's Butt" and you'll find us. No big.

So. That's AMAZING.

And I have nothing else to share. Except that if you'd like to read the original post about--yes--a camel's butt, here it is. And, just for good measure, here's a camel's butt.

I hope this is what they were searching for.

No comments: