Wednesday, January 3, 2007


IT'S OFFICIAL...
...We're engaged!

Trevor and I went to Door County for the New Year's weekend to visit his step-dad, Jim, and his grandparents, Mel and Margaret Madel. The five of us went to a lovely dinner at the Stone Harbor restaurant, where we all ate too much, then Trevor and I went back to Jim's house (where we were staying--Jim's dog, Vader, and Henry are best friends) to change out of our fancy duds before going to the Madel's to watch a movie. We got to the Madels, Trevor turned off the car and asked me to marry him! It was terribly romantic--just hours before the new year, the waves of Lake Michigan crashing yards away, our bellies full of food and both of us content and relaxed (Well, I was terribly relaxed. Trevor might not have been so at ease)--and of course I said yes. It was nice to share it first with the Madels, but now that we're back in town, we've got to spread the word! We drove back this afternoon (after stopping at the Sturgeon Bay Public Library, where Mr. Madel volunteers, to pick up a few books from the books-for-sale section; Trevor found two hard cover Vonneguts for his collection, and I found a first edition Chuck Palahniuk, a mass market paperback of The Pentagon Papers, and a brides and showers book from the 60s [I really couldn't resist, especially given its hot-pink themed cover, full with foxy gal in a pink mini-skirt and matching sweater...]) and went to the Bork's to have dinner with my folks and pick up my Grandma Bork's engagement ring and some other jewelry of hers (Trevor gave me a "place holder"--a sterling silver diamond solitaire silhouette ring we saw in Portland last July), and we're finally back home, unpacked, with an exhausted Henry, a hamper full of dirty clothes, and a great excuse to finally drink the champagne I got from the Nybergs for my birthday. Quite a weekend, and a lovely kick-off to the new year!

We'll be back with more picture from this weekend, and maybe some more wedding updates, so stay tuned!

Bork-Power

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god. congratulations lady. well the congratulations should go to him really. he's one lucky hombre. i miss you and we must get together soon. we are way overdoe for our twice yearly stuff your face, catch up luncheon. i love you. love- aud

Anonymous said...

congrats congrats congrats!!!!
yea! lets celebrate soon...with out text messages!