Monday, January 8, 2007


School started back up for me this week. I had my first class this morning; I've only got one this week at my downtown university, and my community colleges start up next week. It's a nice way to get back into gear. This morning's class was packed to the gills with 34 showing up out of the 38 enrolled. But they were bright and perky at 7:45 a.m., and I hope it lasts! I finally "filed" away the fall semester's final portfolios (photo above) just in case any of my students would like them back. I mailed back a few, and I've already earmarked some to use as examples this new semester if they're not picked up. At least this semester I'll have 30-ish less to grade, which is nice.

In other news, Henry met my friend Lisa's pooch, LuLu Belle, for the first time this past weekend at the dog park, and they seemed to hit it off nicely. Here's a picture of them playing:

There were a few really aggressive fellows there early on, but once their owners got wise to my low tolerance for shennanigans, they skeedaddled. And good riddance to them. We hadn't been to the dog park in quite some time, since Henry's been so fond of plain-old fetch-in-the-park as of late. But it was nice to see him frollicking with the other dogs.

Trevor and I also got an engagement ring this past weekend. We went to the jeweler that his brother Sean and fiancee Angie went to for their engagement ring, and the woman who helped us was terrific. She took my grandma's stone to set, and she's also fixing my gram's original engagement ring for free (the bottom was a bit bent up), which is really nice because it's a beautiful, delicate thing, and it's about 70 years old now, so it'll be fixed up and looking just as lovely as when my grandma wore it. Hopefully I'll be able to pick the ring up tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't wait to flash it around town!

No comments: