Sunday, December 3, 2006



HARVEY MAKES AN APPEARANCE:
Finally, here's a picture of our car, Harvey! He's pretty cute and he rides like a dream, and because of my commuting, he's already up for a tune-up at a couple of months old. Next semester, I'll hopefully be able to take the Metra, so Harv can have some more quality time with Trevor on the streets of Chicago!

Last weekend we had breakfast with our friend, Dan, and he and his lovely wife, Simona, met us at IKEA, where we bought an eight by eight wardrobe, which we brought home, and have finally erected! It's beautiful and I'm posting a picture of before completion, and I'll do my best to get a picture of it all finished sometime this week. And this weekend we celebrated our friend Jessica's birthday at the Gold Star, I went to DEPART-ment (a crafty fair) and got some early Christmas shopping done, and Trevor didn't go with me, so I was able to get some stuff for him, too! And we watched old movies, and Die Hard III, and Die Hard II (well, the second one was Trevor, I was in the shower...but I certainly did enjoy number 3!).

It's also my last week of full classes--next week I've got to sit out in Crystal Lake for two evenings to collect portfolios, but then I'm done for four weeks! FOUR WEEKS! I'm going to work on lesson plans, take naps, drink tea, knit, go grocery shopping, take naps, read some books, do Christmas shopping, nap, crochet, write, nap, drink tea, have lunch with Trevor, take Henry to the park, drink tea, have lunch with Grandma, go up to Door County with Trevor over New Year's Eve to visit Jim and the Madels, drink tea, have lunch with mom and look at Greg and Paula's wedding pictures....and on and on...

So, I might jump on during the next week to vent about the piles and piles of student final portfolios I have to wade through for their final grades, but until then...stay out of the cold!

BORK-POWER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we were at DEPART-ment too! Have fun on your break! I've got just two weeks left too, but I can feel it in my bones...
love you guys
talk to ya soon

Anonymous said...

Hey we want to send you two an invite to our holiday party...so whats a good email address to send that to?