Sunday, August 26, 2007




It's been a while, and we've been busy! The first weekend in August, Trevor and I met up with Rachel and Letty, Sean and Angi, Neill, Fran, and Destiny, in Door County to visit Grandma and Grandpa Madel and Jim. The weather was great, and even though Trevor and I got up there later than everyone else, we still got in a solid day and a half of hanging out with the group. We went to the beach and enjoyed the sun and Lake Michigan waves with Henry (we discovered his amazing capabilities as a swimmer), ate some great meals, and went through some boxes in Jim's garage of Power and Coleman family heirlooms. Trevor and I came home with some of Maureen's old books (including a copy of Ethan Fromme she'd had in high school; it still had her class notes written in the back cover--so cool.) and other assorted treasures. All in all, it was excellent. Relaxing and good to catch up with everyone, and we listened to a great book on tape during the drive to and from (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime").






I've started classes at all three of my schools now, and I have a feeling I'm going to have a nice semester. One class only has five students--all women--and although it's a once-a-week class, five hours long (not an exaggeration), the ladies are really nice and excited to be there. I'm also teaching my first literature class: English Lit. through the 18th century. It includes Beowulf and The Canterbury Tales, Shakespeare, Marlowe, and Johnson. I'm over my head, but it's fun, and the students are miles different from my composition students. These lit students actually enjoy reading and are thrilled to talk about literature. It's marvelous!

And wedding plans are running smooth as can be, so we're getting geared up for that as well! Trevor's gallery is prepping the next show, and even though they're not officially open to the public, they've been selling art like mad! All is going well over there, too, and his decision to move makes us happier and happier each day.

Well, until next time, True Believers, stay cool and dry, and enjoy the last days of summer!
Bork-Power!

No comments: