Wednesday, November 7, 2007


Pictures and the Galapagos Islands!

We're getting all of the wedding pictures today, though anyone who's interested can check them out here:

http://www.collages.net

Enter: Laura and Trevor
password: 7097

Trevor and I can't wait to see them all, but these nice ones tided us over until we get the whole slew of them from our fabulous photographer. Also, Greg and Paula are currently wandering around the Galapagos Islands on their vacation, probably checking out the Blue Billed Boobie, or seals and stuff. Maybe they'll find a new species! While they're gone, I'm dog sitting for the girls, and last night we (Tequila and I) watched the X-Files in HDTV, which was pretty awesome. I'm going over there this morning to check on the dogs and Trevor's asked me to tape the Manchester United game that will be played this afternoon (or this evening, depending on how you look at it). That one will be even better to watch in HD than the X-Files. We'll be able to see their untied shoelaces and their sweaty hair flying in the wind (87% of the soccer players today need haircuts in a terrible way). It'll be pretty neat. Trevor also got me some excellent birthday presents, and he even let me open two of them before today! I got a great new functional cooking apron (the one I have is decorative, though just lovely), a tea thermos (so I can infuse tea and take it with me to school! I've been eyeing them for months now!) and one of my favorite current movies, Stranger Than Fiction. Henry got me a movie, too: The Host, which is a Korean horror movie about a mutated fish that attacks Seoul. It's pretty funny (a critic called it Little Miss Sunshine with a monster) and great to look at (Trevor and I saw it in the theater last year), so now we can watch it whenever we like! Trevor was worried that he and Henry had gotten me the same movie, but it was worry for nothing.

Well, I have some lesson plans to work on. I have my five hour class tonight (Trevor and I are going to meet friends out for a drink tomorrow night for post-birthday celebrations, and we're going out for food with a group of high school pals on my friend Lisa's b-day, Friday.) so my birthday will consist of teaching and drinking tea out of my new thermos. Not too bad, really! And my students might get out early tonight...
Adios,
Pooooooowwwwwerrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments: