Sunday, March 2, 2008

Breakfast and Breasts

Yes, that's what I said. This morning Trevor and I went out with Lisa for a delicious breakfast at the Breakfast Club. Although our food was quick and tasty, a table by the window had a close call with some metal box that broke through the cardboard ceiling panel. It looked electrical, and we three decided to skeedaddle before the rest of the sky started to fall.



Lisa and I parted ways with Trevor and she and I headed out to Crystal Lake and the lovely campus of McHenry County College for the Women's History Month film festival. It was the first official event of the month-long celebration at campus. Mom couldn't make it because she's sick with this gross flu that's going around (and hopefully she's much better now), so it was just the two of us.

We made it out there (Lisa was amazed at my commute--she thought that her 20 miles to Oak Brook was rough...) with plenty of time to hang out before the shows started. The first film was called "Gorgeous," an animated short by an Australian filmmaker. Next up was "Made in America," about reality t.v. makeover shows and plastic surgery. A panel discussion followed--which was terrific--then a short interval where Lisa and I stocked up on snacks before the final film, "Breasts." It was a terrific documentary interviewing about twenty women about...well, I think the title explains it all.





After that, we headed home. Trevor and I ate some Thai food, watched "Little Miss Sunshine," and I graded papers. All in all, the day was quite lovely--nice enough to match the weather. Tomorrow, though, is supposed to be freezing again, with snow. We've got bowling play-offs, so I just hope the snow brings me spare-and-strike-luck!

No comments: