Wednesday, February 21, 2007



Wine, Wine, All the Time!

Trevor and I have decided to add a category to our general blog; Wine! We drink a bit of it and thought we might try to keep track of what we like (and what we don't), not only for your reading and tasting pleasure, but to serve our own memory as well. Since after all of that wine, our memory tends to get a little grapey...

So, what we're currently drinking is something we picked up this afternoon at Randolph Wine Cellars for $11.99. It's a Merlot, and although I'm usually not a fan of merlots, we decided to try it because 1. we liked the label (a current reason for our purchases) and 2. the wine man said it was a nice vineyard and they usually do their wines in small batches. The merlot was the only type they had in stock, so we snapped one up. And I'm glad we did; it's nice and tasty. From my untrained palatte, it's not very dry (so does that make it wet, or is there a more technical term I should be using?), kind of fruity (much like us!), and pretty mild (not smokey or tangy or anything.) It's a pretty light wine, which is nice, because we haven't yet eaten dinner. And there's not much of an after-taste, which means I've had to take three sips to write this review.

So, if any of this sounded appealing, go out and spend $11.99, and have some tasty wine! We have 2 more bottles from Randolph Wine Cellars, so we'll be updating this throughout the week (and, most likely, into the weekend).

In other news, Trevor's new camera came (check out the photos, aren't they nice?!), which is very exciting. Hopefully he'll be shutterbugging around the city for the next forever and we'll have lots and lots of pictures--good pictures--that haven't been taken by me (i.e. blurry, too close, poorly lit, etc.). Thank god.

Well, my glass is now empty, so I'm going to go get another sniff of wine. I'm meeting a high school girlfriend for a drink later tonight, so I'll save the rest of the bottle for Trevor.

Adios!
Bork Power!

No comments: