Sunday, February 25, 2007



Wine update:

Here's our next bottle of wine, though my recollection of it will be a bit non-specific; not because of the wine's effects on me, but because we drank it this Friday/Saturday night, and it's currently Sunday afternoon and I'm having a time recalling what this particular wine was all about. And perhaps that says something about the wine.
I do recall that it was not bad; it was fairly light and had a bit of a bitter (or acidic?) aftertaste. It was mild except for that, and kind of bland. But not bad. Trevor doesn't recall much of the wine, either. I had some in the early evening when I started knitting a scarf for my mom (which I subsequently had to rip because I screwed up on the slips in the pattern I was working [paying more attention to the "Anthology" album by The Clean that I had dusted off and was listening to while Trevor hunted strange man-o-war type jelly monsters in his video game] but it turned out all right because the new version will be straight and longer than the original, which is always nice for a scarf.), and continued sipping through our viewing of "The Prestige" (a film we both quite enjoyed. My pre-teen crush on Christian Bale continues on nearly twenty years later, Trevor has a crush on Scarlett Johanson, and we both liked the magic tricks and plot twists). And although we spent a bit of time with the wine, it doesn't stand out at all.
So, there you have it. A bland wine with a nice label. I think we spent between $8.99 - $13.00 on it, and we've certainly had better for the price range.

In other news, we had brunch with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law this morning. On the menu from my mom were poached eggs with diced potatoes, mini jelly-filled pancakes (which looked like little flying saucers; there were adorable and delicious), sausage links, grapefruit halves, toast, and multi-fruit coffee cake. Quite delicous. We gabbed about our wedding plans, asked my dad to help us with our taxes, and had a generally lovely morning! Paula gave me a disc with the pictures from our meet-the-parents dinner in January, and I'll post them here this week.
Until then, drive safely, everyone, the weather is grotesque.

Bork Power

No comments: